1. Fujifilm Mini Instax 8 Instant Film - Polaroid cameras make me so nostalgic. I have a bunch of images from my youth that my father used to take and I love how authentic and raw they are. I remember him taking a photo, me running up to him so he could hand me the film, shaking it to dry it, and then slowly watching the image appear. I still have his old Polaroid One-Step and Polaroid Pro-Pak. This Instax camera is compact and so easy to carry around in your bag. You can take photos with your friends and family while having a hard copy instantly. So much fun!
2. Macadamia Professional Ultra Rich Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner - I have curly hair meaning it's extremely particular, needy, and often dry. Before I started using the Macadamia line, I used both DevaCurl and Ouidad. They're wonderful products but after a couple months of use, my hair became so dried out. I recently tried this brand and I won't be turning back for a while. Curly hair needs moisture and this provides it while not weighing my hair down too much. Packed with macadamia, mongono, and Argan oils, it's sure to leave your hair feeling silky smooth and frizz-free.
3. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Ugh. I have so much to say about this book and I'll try to make a separate post about it. It's exciting to see an additional Harry Potter story. I grew up with the books, fell in love, had them save me through hard times, and then cried when they ended. Whenever a book you love ends, it always leaves you with a feeling - empty or emotional or satisfied or craving more. It's always a mixture. Although I have my pros and cons with this book, I definitely recommend any Harry Potter fan picks it up with an open mind. Whether you end up loving it or hating it, it allows you a glimpse into Harry's future from the mind of the creator. Seriously, stop second guessing and buy it!
4. The Rider Waite Tarot Deck - This is a classic deck but by far my favorite. For most people, it's their first but for me, it was my second and my most used. The great thing about this deck is the balance of simplicity and complexity. It's perfect for beginners yet complex enough for experienced readers. The images are beautiful and convey the meaning behind the card perfectly. I've hardly read since Maddox has been born but I'm getting back into the swing of it. If you're interested in tarot or even doing an occasional reading here and there, this is the deck to start with.
5. Fresh Rice Sake Bath - I received this from Dave as an anniversary gift last year and it was perfect for a new mother. It's a splurge, for sure, but well worth it. It helped soothe the stresses of the day, my achy muscles, and the scent of baby shit. I love that it uses natural ingredients and is free of chemicals. And anything sake related has to be good, right?
6. Animal Bones - These you can find hiking through the woods but I love using the rib bones of animals to create beautiful pieces of jewelry. There are quite a few etsy shops that create gorgeous, ornate works of art to adorn your body with I had to give it a try myself. And I'm sure with Halloween coming there are a few crafts projects I can use them for!
7. Hand Carved Shell & Brass Ear Weights/Hoops - I bought these hoping they would arrive in time for my trip to Richmond a couple weeks ago. Sadly, they didn't since it was from overseas but they were patiently waiting for me when I arrived home! And they're stunning. They're not even remotely heavy but they do have just the perfect amount of weight for stretched ears. They also work beautifully hanging from my tunnels.
8. Nyx Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen - I'm obsessed with Nyx's matte lipsticks. They formula is always amazing and for the price, it can't be beat. This color is perfect for autumn and I'm in love.
9. Ouidad VitaCurl Define & Shine Styling Gel-Cream - I've been loving this gel-cream. It keeps my frizz at bay while simultaneously keeping my hair moisturized and my curls in check. They're the best mixture of wild and tame, staying that way throughout the entire day. The formula is light-weight and it keeps curls soft rather than the crunchy texture most products give off. Highly recommend for my fellow curl heads!