Words are, unsurprisingly, my passion and collecting quotes that resonate with me is a favorite pastime of mine. Having a list of quotes around as positive affirmation or inspiration when you're having a rough day will help lift you up or at the very least, allow you to work through the problem, feeling, or emotion on hand.
Here's a very small list from my personal collection that I absolutely adore.
1. "Everybody isn’t going to love you. Most people don’t even love themselves." - Unkown
2. "I want a blaze of light to flame in me forever in a timeless, dear love of everything. And why should I pretend to want anything else?" - Jack Kerouac, Windblown World
3. "Know this: you can start over, each morning." - Tyler Joseph
4. "Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don’t." - Meredith Grey
5. "There are people who dislike you because you do not dislike yourself." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
6. "You can never laugh too much or have too many orgasms." - Michael Faudet
7. "I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me." - Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
8. "Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment." - Lao Tzu
9. "How do you move on? You move on when your heart finally understands that there is no turning back." - J.R.R. Tolkien
10. "When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits - anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving." - Kim McMillen
11. "I’m with you. No matter what else you have in your head I’m with you and I love you." - Ernest Hemingway
12. "So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More Compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out and decide." - Meredith Grey
13. "There can be no rebirth without a dark night of the soul, a total annihilation of all that you believed in and thought that you were." - Hazrat Inayat Khan
14. "It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self love deficit." - Eartha Kitt
15. "Human beings are works in progress that mistakenly think they’re finished. The person you are right now is as transient, as fleeting and as temporary as all the people you’re ever been. The one constant in our lives is change." - Daniel Gilbert
What quotes speak to you?